Central Office of Western Colorado Website Guidelines
The purpose of the Central Office of Western Colorado website is to carry the message of Alcoholics Anonymous by providing a resource on the internet where alcoholics can obtain information about Alcoholics Anonymous and the Western Slope Central Office. The following guidelines were developed to help assure that our website adheres to the principles of the 12 traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous.
1. In keeping with our 2nd tradition, all content and the links on the page will be approved by the group conscience of Central Office of Western Colorado Intergroup.
2. In keeping with our 5th and 10th traditions, this website will only contain material and links which discuss and explain the program of Alcoholics Anonymous as it is defined in the Big Book Alcoholics Anonymous and other Alcoholics Anonymous and AA Grapevine literature. The page will not contain material or links to other pages that may be considered controversial (religious, political, sexual, etc.).
3. In keeping with our 7th tradition, Central Office of Western Colorado Intergroup will be responsible for paying any fees which might be associated with acquiring and maintaining a web hosting account and email account to support this website.
4. In keeping with our 11th and 12th traditions, this website will not contain any pictures of members of Alcoholics Anonymous. Any contact names provided on the page will contain the contacts first name and last initial. Any email addresses displayed on the page will not disclose the contacts last name.
5. In keeping with our 4th and 6th traditions, it is our objective to cooperate with, but not affiliate with, other related entities and groups.
6. In keeping with our 12th and 5th tradition, it will be the responsibility of the Central Office of Western Colorado staff to respond to questions and email generated by website
7. All quotes from conference approved literature shall be attributed to AA World Services, Inc. or AA Grapevine, Inc. as outlined in the AA Service Manual (p s104). This helps protect Alcoholics Anonymous copyrights.
For more information about Alcoholics Anonymous Website Guidelines go to the A.A. General Service Office website at: FAQ About A.A. Websites